Our client is a worldwide leader in the freight forwarding field. They provide comprehensive one-stop solutions that incorporate air freight forwarding, ocean freight forwarding and a full-range of logistics services. They also offer optimum distribution solutions to their clients on a global scale. They are now looking for a Customer Service Coordinator who has exceptional communication skills to join their dynamic team. As a Customer Service Coordinator, you will be required to act as a liaison between sales and operations and manage the needs/services of special clients and resolve service-related problems.
Job Title: Customer Service Coordinator
Reference #: PFCBC270819
Duration of employment: Permanent full-time position
Employer: A global freight forwarder
Location: Delta, BC (Annacis Island): 10 min bus ride from the 22nd Street Station / 38 min bus ride from Richmond Centre
Starting Date: ASAP
Work hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm (Mon to Fri)
Compensations: Salary range: $48 to $50K
*Company benefit is offered after the completion of 3-month probationary period.
The comprehensive benefit program including coverage for extended health, dental, Life, AD&D and LTD insurance packages, as well as, company sponsored pension plans and Registered Retirement Savings program.
Main Job duties:
– Provide excellence in customer service and a first place of contact for client inquiries, concerns and complaints. Special attention to key assigned/troubled accounts.
– Coordinate special projects as assigned, coordinate and monitor movement of shipments from overseas offices and send pre-alert notices to customers for upcoming shipments.
– Ensure business relationships and services levels are maintained (customers and vendors).
– Respond to overseas enquiries, and trouble shoot.
– Complete accurate monthly reports as requested by management and customers, and support the sales department in negotiating rates and quotes for services
– Ensure accurate filing system(s) are maintained, update/input details of shipments in system and ensure accuracy for billing.
– Participate in various customer service appreciation events (including; meeting, luncheon, etc.) to assist in the retention of current customer base.
– Responsible for the effective maintenance of the companies ISO Policies. Participate in meetings and overall objectives for the terminal.
– Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
– Formal Academic Training in related field of study from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
– Ability to write reports and business correspondences.
– Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
– Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
– Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.
– Japanese or Chinese language an asset
*Please apply only if you possess all of the requirements
* Please visit http://www.panpacificpersonnel.com, go to ‘POSITION AVAILABLE, click ‘Customer Service Coordinator ‘ and apply.
* We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.