GPI is a non-profit educational organization based in British Columbia, Canada. Established in 1992, GPI is dedicated to promoting international understanding and intercultural friendship, and to fostering global competence among the future leaders of an increasingly borderless world. We provide opportunities for both Canadian and international students to take part in cross-border student exchange. We are motivated by our mission is to expand international education by providing the best possible study solutions for those looking to study in Canada; services to make each student’s Canadian study experience positive and beneficial; and Opportunities for international friendship and global citizenship. If this mission inspires you, too, then read on. You are just the person we’re looking for!
YOU MUST HAVE:
• 2-year diploma in Business, Marketing, or similar area of study
• At least 3 years’ experience in international education or related field
• Experience creating and managing budgets
• Valid BC Driver’s license
• Ability to travel locally and within the province
YOU’LL REALLY IMPRESS US IF:
• You are fluent in Japanese, spoken and written
• You have connections with BC international student programs at the secondary and post-secondary levels
• You can demonstrate great problem solving and mediation skills
• You are a clear and direct communicator
• You are highly organized and good with logistics
A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Regional promotion and student recruitment to our BC Programs
• Supervising up to 7 program coordinators
• Securing and facilitating school placements for students;
• Maintaining a positive working relationship with schools and school districts that accept the Company’s students;
• Collecting and managing progress reports, travel activity request forms, and all other paperwork related to student maintenance in the Region;
• Overseeing student arrivals and departures in the Region;
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Judgment and tact necessary to establish effective, collaborative relationships with senior management, employees, clients, external agencies and the board;
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work
• Ability to work independently and deliver above expectation
• Discretion and judgment necessary to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
• Ability to perform routine and complex work with a high degree of accuracy;
• Ability to develop positive and supportive relations with remote colleagues as well as face to face team and business associate
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
100% Employer paid extended health, dental and vision for you and your family. Salary between $42,000 and $45,000 depending on experience. Flexible work schedule as long as it meets business demands.
INTERESTED? Fabulous! Just submit a brief cover letter telling us why we need to hire you as our next, great, Associate Regional Manager and your resume by Friday, March 20, 2020, at noon Only candidates that we short-list will be contacted for interviews.
Global Partners Institute Canada
207-3975 North Road, Burnaby, BC V3J 1S2