International Education and Student Support NPO seeking visionary Executive Director
Global Partners Institute Canada (GPI Canada) is a non-profit international education and student support organization headquartered in Lower Mainland BC.
We are motivated by our mission to expand international education for high school students by providing the best possible study experiences for those looking to study in Canada; services to make each student’s Canadian study experience positive and beneficial; and opportunities for international friendship and global citizenship.
We are seeking a visionary and agile leader for the role of Executive Director to continue GPI’s success during a pivotal time of change and growth for our organization. As Executive Director, you will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the organization. You will be supported by a volunteer Board of Directors, four Regional Managers and a small head office administrative team and must ensure that resources are in place to accomplish our mission goals. We are looking for an inspiring leader and communicator who knows how to recruit and retain staff, keep teams motivated and capable of exceeding expectations, and foster a corporate culture which supports the mission of GPI.
- Professional written and oral fluency in Japanese and English required, including the ability to give clear presentations in both languages
- Business acumen in financial operations, including creating and maintaining budgets, and financial reporting to a board of directors
- Proven success in working with a board of directors and with strategic planning
- 3 – 5 years demonstrated experience working with educational organizations such as schools, universities, or with companies in international cultural exchange and related programs
- 3-4 years in management positions and 2-3 years in leadership positions
- A degree in Non-profit management, Education management, or International Education is a plus
- Solid understanding of technology, Microsoft Office 365 Suite, internet and social media savvy
- Experience of studying abroad is highly desirable.
- Valid BC Drivers License, access to a vehicle, and an acceptable driving record
- Proof of the ability to work legally in Canada
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and relationship building skills
- Commitment to results; “can-do” mindset and an ability to find creative solutions to business challenges
- Ability to foster a cohesive work environment with employees who work across Canada
- Sense of humor, integrity, impeccable work ethic
- Self-directed and requiring minimal supervision
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and continuing to build a constructive operational relationship with our primary partner in Japan, International Student Advisors (ISA) and the Japanese Foundation of Intercultural Exchange (JFIE)
- Overseeing the BC, AB, SK and MB managers to ensure programs are delivered in a uniform, quality manner and that all staff are well-equipped and supported to perform their duties
- Providing regular and formal communication with the Board, advising the board of internal organizational matters, including program success and priorities; financial information; recruitment of students; and issues as well as opportunities
- In close collaboration with the Board of Directors, developing initiatives aimed at expanding GPI’s operations and presence as a registered not-for-profit organization, including delivering programs to new partners, and/or developing educational programs within Canada for the benefit of our current partners
- Manage GPI’s budget and ensure that GPI is a financially viable, sustainable organization with the resources to meet current and projected program growth
Other important deliverables are to:
- Ensure that GPI is following relevant provincial and federal laws, regulations and following standard accounting procedures
- Direct market research on GPI’s major competitors in Canada, including the services that they provide and their structure
- Identify and implement cost-effective ways to create and deliver new state-of-the-art programs to clients
- Provide oversight for GPI’s on line presence with the website and in social media
- Ensure that Board committees and other board initiatives and efforts are well supported;
Benefits: GPI Canada offers 100% employer paid extended health coverage including vision and dental for employee and family. Employer paid Long Term Disability premiums. 3 weeks paid vacation to start and an Employer matching RRSP program.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and relevant cover letter to email@example.com how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position by November 30, 2019. Only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Global Partners Institute
#2300 – 2850 Shaughnessy Street, Port Coquitlam, BC